- Return your rental car on time - Allow some extra time when returning the vehicle. Delays can occur if the local station is understaffed, or if a damaged vehicle is returned before the end of the rental period.
- Fuel regulation - Return the rental car with the same fuel level as you received it. This is noted on your "check-out" document at pick up.
Tip: Take a picture of the fuel gauge and mileage stand. Also, we recommend that you keep the fuel receipt that might be a proof in case of any misunderstandings.
- Cleanliness - Return your rental car in the same condition as you received it. If the rental is returned dirtier, the local provider may charge you a cleaning fee. This fee is very often much higher than vacuuming the rental car again before returning it or driving it through a car wash.
- Check and re-check the car for damage - If there is new damage, it will be recorded in the supplier's "check-in" document. This check is important for reviewing your insurance package, to determine if it covers the new damages. Upon return, you can also take photos of the rental car. Please make sure that a timestamp (date and time) is written on the photos.
- In general, keep all documents, such as the check-in papers, check-out papers, copy of the local rental contract, and the last fuel receipt for a certain period after you return the car.
- If at the time of return there is no employee from the local station available, or you simply ask to leave the keys at a certain location, your rental car will not be checked until later. If damage to the rental car is then discovered, the car rental may charge you for this. If you believe that the damage was not caused by you, it is important to check which previous damages were recorded on the check-out document. You can also take photos of the rental car when you hand it in, but please make sure that a timestamp (date and time) is on the photographs.
- Make sure you return all additional devices, such as GPS, a child seat, transponder device.
Tip: If you have any questions about an invoice and deposit return date, do not hesitate to ask the car rental employee. Also, please remember that any agreements between you and the local supplier should be in a written-form.
Please note: If the car is returned outside the opening hours, your liability for any damage will continue until the regular opening hours of the local rental company.