In case of damage or theft your deposit will be retained by the car rental company as excess. If you have booked an insurance with reimbursement through TUI CARS you will be reimbursed subsequently by TUI CARS.
To hand in a claim please send and email to:
Please attach the following documents:
- Description of the incident
- Your mobile phone number
- Copy of the rental contract
- Damage and police report
- Proof of payment (credit card statement or card charge slip)
In the event of damage, the following procedure must be followed on site:
- Immediate notification of the car rental station
- If damage to the rental car has been caused by a third party, call the police immediately as a police report is mandatory to process your claim.
- When returning the car, request a signed damage report.
Excluded from reimbursement are, according to TUI CARS T&Cs:
- Gross negligence or drunk driving
- Loss of or damage to the car key
- Damage to the clutch due to improper handling
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Costs incurred due to misfueling - items stolen from or damaged in the vehicle
- Subsequent costs e.g. towing/telephone costs, overnight hotel stays
- Processing or administration fees for damages charged by some service providers.
Additionally, no reimbursement can be made if the main damage is not settled by the car rental company on site, as in this case the existence of gross negligence is assumed.
In case of any difficulties or delays in processing, you are welcome to get back to us.
We will be happy to support you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.